Taboo is designed to be a very feature-rich editor, and although it is still rather early in development it has quite a few capabilities already to make it considerably easier to use than, say, Word.
- Intuitive editing of units of tablature units (notes, lines, bars, and so on)
- Multiple modes of input
- Expected editor features (undo/redo, tabbed documents) plus some handy shortcuts (block copy/paste, automatic annotations)
- Extensibility of input via configuration of available drums and notes
- It’s free!
Some other features planned for future versions include:
- Tab file system management
- Rebinding of command keys
- Interpretation and conversion between common tab formats
- Output to DOCX/ODT formats
- MIDI playback
- Live input (pressing keys in time to insert notes on the fly)
Watch the Pipeline for more details on what’s to come as development progresses.