Taboo is still heavily in development, and as such has a long path of updates ahead of it. Below is a general selection of enhancements that you can expect in the future.
- Tidier interface, shifting focus from developer to consumer
- More streamlined workflow
- Extended user customisation
- Continued, up-to-date documentation (now with pictures!)
Next Version (v0.7)
- Give Taboo a more sophisticated interface, approaching the kind you’d expect from a commercial application.
- A file browser window for Open/Save As commands
- Implement the Working Directory setting (tie in with the file browser)
- Saved workspace – memoryr of what was open when Taboo was closed last time
- Recent Files – application memory of tabs that were opened previously
The Version After (v0.8)
This is very much speculation. I’m not even sure how far v0.7 will go beyond what’s listed.
- Crop/Tile pasting
- Multiple-item clipboard (like the undo queue)
- And perhaps Live Input! I’m probably more excited about putting that in than you are.
On The Horizon
- Live Input – type in time to write your tab! (Possibly v0.8!)
- Smarter pasting – various paste methods for big shortcuts
- Tab interpretation – smart conversion of preferred tab notations
- MIDI playback – will be cool, but this is currently ship smoke